PK and K make up our youngest camp groups. The PK group is for those campers who are 3 ½ years old by June 1, 2018 and have not yet attended Kindergarten. The K group is for campers who have just completed their first year of kindergarten. A few important details about these groups are listed below:
- PK and K campers will stay with their assigned group and counselors the entire day. They participate in all camp wide activities, but are always under the supervision of their counselors. They do not participate in “Free Time” (see pg. 11).
- PK and K campers are in separate groups. Occasionally, they are together for a special event or movie.
- PK and K campers store their belongings in our lockers, and a counselor will assign them a different one each day. We do not have the ability to guarantee your child has the same locker each day as our campers do not come on a regular daily basis.
- PK campers and K campers have story time every day, as well as a rest period in the afternoon. There is no mandatory nap time, but they do have a quiet period during which they watch a movie, color or draw, and play board games.
- PK campers and K campers have the option of roller skating on Thursdays at 10am. This 1 hour roller skating session is led by our certified roller skating instructor, Ms. Janet and Ms. Kristen. This weekly program helps teach our youngest campers, the PK and K, how gain confidence on roller skate. PK and K will have other opportunities throughout the week to roller skate. We also have skate mates (walkers on wheels) that help the smallest campers. We do not tighten the wheels on the skates.
- PK & K groups have extra staff during lunch and snack to assist them.
- In order to attend camp, your child MUST BE POTTY TRAINED. In the event of an occasional accident, we will assist them in cleaning up and changing their clothes. Campers who require regular assistance in the bathroom will not be able to attend camp.
- All PK and K campers are required to have a change of clothes in their bag. Campers who do not have a change of clothes will remain in triage until you pick them up.
- PK & K campers are always escorted to the bathroom by a staff member. Our staff will remain directly outside the bathroom the entire time and assist them if needed. Female counselors take female campers to the bathroom and male counselors take male campers to the bathroom.
We realize the importance of creating a connected and caring camp community that makes a difference in the lives of our young campers. This is the reason we have designed a curriculum for our PK & K campers. The curriculum focuses on each camper’s integrated experiences. Each camp week we have assigned an overall theme and each day we have planned fun and interesting topics to support that weekly theme. Every day during that week, campers will spend time learning about the weekly theme. It is our hope that your campers will become immersed in our weekly themes and daily topics through the use of movies, stories and discussions, art projects, dancing, and playing. Throughout the summer our PK/K Director will supply a form that mentions the items the PK & K campers participated in. These forms make for great car and dinner topics to learn about your camper’s day.