- Tutor Time – Every day between 8:00 am and 8:45 am we have an area designated for Tutor Time. If you would like your child to have supervision while working on their school work or spend that time reading, notify our staff during check-in. You must send in the materials for your child in their bag. Tutor Time will be staffed by our counselors that are teachers and college students. Please remember that this is not a 1-on-1 tutoring session. This is a quiet period in a group setting, where counselors are assisting campers who are working on the work that you have sent in with them.
- Camp Roll Call – In the morning, the entire camp is on the rink surface from 8:45 – 9:15 am. We use this time to get all the campers and counselors excited about their day. Topics include going over the schedule of activities and events for the day, introducing all of our staff, talk about current events, announce campers’ birthdays, and listen to some stories, jokes, and music. We often spend a few minutes teaching the campers a new game. Every morning we always take time to remind the campers that we expect them to treat each other and our staff with respect. During the afternoon roll call we take time to recognize campers who have done this and reinforce this positive behavior. Also during each roll call, our staff is conducting a camp wide roll call, where counselors take attendance. We conduct four camp wide roll calls (9:00, 1:15, 2:45, and 4:15) to ensure the campers’ safety. Each group takes roll individually before and after each period, every time they leave and arrive at a new surface or activity, and before and after lunch. During the morning roll call, our health director meets with the directors and head counselors for each grade level, and those attending the swim trip and field trips. The health director reviews camper files who have allergies, medications, inhalers and epi-pens. This all must be completed before the day begins and before our field trips and swim trips depart for the day. After this meeting, campers with food related allergies are assigned an orange wrist band. They are instructed to keep this wristband on for the entire day. A new wrist band will be assigned each morning.
- Daily Schedule – Campers who arrive before 7:30 AM will remain in the front area of our facility. At 7:30 AM, all campers will be separated by grade level and placed on different surfaces. Each grade will follow a daily schedule consisting of seven periods. Every grade has at least one period outside each day. Each period involves every grade changing surfaces and participating in different activities, games and events. The schedule will be on our website by the beginning of June.
- Electives – Campers in grades 2nd through 8th have two elective periods each day, Monday through Thursday where campers can choose what activities they would like to participate in. During morning roll call, campers will be asked to select from a menu of activities that are offered to their grade that day. Arts and crafts are an elective that are available to each grade Monday through Thursday. The choices change every day so that we are always offering new ideas and activities.
- Lunch/Snack Schedule:
|Lunch Time||Snack time|
- Your child will make his/her lunch choice at the camp desk during check-in
- Lunch is included in our summer camp program unless your child is attending a field/swim trip.
- Hot lunch choice is only available if checked-in before 10:00 am. Sandwich choice is available at all times.
- Please make sure that your child has eaten breakfast before arriving at camp, as we do not provide this.
- Our lunch menu with ingredients is located on our website and at the camp desk.
- Campers with food allergies will be given an orange wristband in the morning at the first roll call by their counselor and it must be worn all day. Campers with food allergies are seated at a separate table during lunch. This is for the safety of your child. Our staff will monitor everything they have on their lunch tray to ensure optimum safety for each camper.
- If your child has a food allergy, please make sure to be very clear about this when filling out your Health and Wellness form. If your child has a SEVERE food allergy please contact the Camp Director directly to discuss. Our staff will contact you if we have any questions or concerns about your camper’s allergies.
- Lunch portions are similar to a standard school lunch. Second lunches may be purchased at check-in (main lunch/sandwiches: $3.50).
- In addition to the main lunch, we offer a side salad, fruit and pasta side bar each day. The selections change daily and there is no additional charge.
- The salad, fruit and pasta bar are not meal selections. These are small side portions. Please know that all menu items are subject to change without notice.
- Unlimited lemonade and fruit punch are available during lunch, and ice water will be available to the campers throughout the day.
- We also have a selection of sandwiches each day that include turkey/cheese, ham/cheese and peanut butter and jelly. The sandwich selections will come with all of the sides that the main lunch offers. Campers can choose between the main lunch/sandwich as their choice for lunch. Please note that the lunch meat selection, turkey or ham, do alternate weeks. The morning check-in staff will alert you to which one is available that week.
- If your child does not like the lunch/snack on any particular day or any of the sandwich choices, you must send in a bagged lunch for them. These items may be kept in their bags or an insulated lunch bag.
- We do not have refrigeration available to the campers. We cannot heat your campers’ lunches.
- If your child is still hungry after eating breakfast and our prepared lunch and snack, then we suggest you send them with extra food in their bag or money to use our vending machines. Some campers, going through growth spurts, are extra hungry and with all the physical activity, they may need an additional meal provided from home.
- Free Time – Every day from 1:15 – 2:45 pm all campers in grades 1st – 8th enjoy free time. During this period, campers may choose from the following activities: roller skating, arcade games, inflatable, Funzone, turf games organized by our staff, board games and free play. For your convenience roller skates and skate mates are provided to the campers at no additional charge. Your child may wish to bring in money to play the arcade games, purchase items from our stuff shop, purchase food from our snack bar and vending machines during Free Time.
- Our PK and K campers will not participate in “Free Time” with the older campers. However, they will have the opportunity to play the arcade games on Thursdays while their grades are playing in the FunZone and Bounce House (arcade games cost money and are optional). We do find additional time during the week, but Thursdays are scheduled for PK & K arcade time every week.
- Camp Bank – The Camp Bank is located at the front check-in desk. Envelopes will be available at the camp desk during check-in and check-out to store your camper’s spending money for Free Time. These envelopes will be handed out after the 1:05pm roll call at the beginning of Free Time. This is the only time during the camp day that the arcade games, stuff shop, vending machines and snack bar are available to the campers. Campers should return any money to the Camp Bank for safekeeping at the end of Free Time or when they are no longer using their money. We ask that you have a discussion with you child about what they are permitted to spend their money on during their free time. If you would like to set a daily limit, you may write this on their envelope and our counselors will only dispense the amount that you wrote on the envelope. We cannot monitor the spending habits of each camper. We ask that you discuss with your child what they are permitted and not permitted to purchase.
- Please note: the ISC Summer Day Camp staff will not be responsible for any money not kept at the camp desk. We are not responsible for money that is lost or stolen from a camper’s bag. Campers should return left over money to the camp desk at the end of Free Time. Please review this policy and procedure with your child.
- The following list is an idea of what items are available for campers to purchase:
- Items available at Free Time:
- Snack Bar- drink and snack menu and prices are available online
- Stuff Shop- toys and candy that range from $0.01 to $25.00
- Vending Machines- snacks, drinks and candy that range from $1.00 to $3.00
- Arcades- 4 tokens for $1.00. Most games are between 1 and 3 tokens. Crane machines with plush and inflatables are $2.00.
- Items available at Free Time:
- After Care – During the aftercare program from 4:30 – 5:30 pm, camp groups will participate in the following activities:
- PK & K Campers are on the main field (remain here until 5:45PM)
- 1st & 2nd Campers are on the roller skating rink
- 3rd & 4th Campers are in the common area
- 5th-8th Campers are in the lounge
- At 5:30 all campers with the exception of PK & K move to the common area for final pick up
- Camp Special Days – On our website, you will find our “Special Day Calendar” that also includes a description of all the activities and events we have planned for our summer camp program. Please encourage your campers to participate in these events! Our staff really loves to get dressed up and it is fun for the campers when everyone participates. These activities help to enrich our program.
- Special Guests – We have a special guest visit throughout the summer especially for the PK & K on Thursdays and Wednesdays for the whole camp. We have put a lot of time into finding very interesting, educational, and exciting new shows for our campers. The dates and guests can be found on the “Special Days Calendar” and on our website. Please check your calendar so that you don’t miss any of these fun events! If, for any reason, we have to cancel one of the special days, we cannot cancel, credit, or refund you for that camp day.
- Water/Splash Day – This takes place out in our water play & splash area on our giant slip-n-slide, giant slide and water balloon battle stations. During their daily schedule Pk – 2nd will be scheduled to go out as a group. The 3rd – 7/8th grade will have the choice to attend Water/Splash Day as an elective or at Free Time. Water/Splash Day is every Thursday during camp, weather depended. Here are a few important items to remember to ensure your child has a fun time on Water Day:
- Please review our sunscreen policy and apply sunscreen prior to coming to camp.
- Campers must bring a change of clothes and a towel.
- Campers who do not come to camp prepared will not be able to participate in Water Day.
- PK and K campers must come to camp dressed in their bathing suits. They have their Splash/Water Day during first period.
- PK/K campers who do not come dressed will not be able to participate, as it can take the entire period, even with assistance from our staff to change. We do not want the other campers to miss out on the water day activity.